the auburn plainsman

Sunday, April 8, 2018
Hey there!

This week I am sharing something a little different: an article posted by my University's newspaper, The Plainsman. I am so honored to be published in the fashion issue of the paper, and had the wonderful opportunity of being interviewed by Hannah Lester for the article. I loved getting back to why I started the blog, and had so much just recapping what blogging means to me. Thinking about it more though, it honestly reminded me why Hailey Daily has continued to evolve over the years: because the constant of fashion and style have stayed important to me. However, one thing I have lost sight of is the importance of staying rooted in genuine content, and not so being so involved in numbers and followings. Over the years, I have become more and more obsessed with growth and becoming a bigger, better blogger. Although having goals and ambition is obviously great, I have somewhat lost sight of my overarching goal that inspired me to start Hailey Daily almost four years ago: to share my outfit ideas on a creative platform that allows me to inspire others. I have become more and more concerned with growing a big following and having taken a step back after reading the article, I realized that I want to be more invested in my followers ability to relate to me and my style. I want to be more genuine. I want to care less about numbers and more about people. I want to be inspired by others work, and not by their stats. I want to go back to when I didn't stress out if I didn't post every single day. When I started Hailey Daily I didn't tell a soul, and I was doing it purely to have a creative outlet. I didn't intend for it to be something everyone or even anyone ever knew about, and it surely wasn't something I wanted to create a business or even side-gig out of. It was simply for me. Today, it still is for me, but I put a lot of pressure on myself about collaborations and whether people will like the content or not. I don't want to be driven by that, but rather by my own intuition and love for fashion. That's it.  

So, having said all of that: I hope you that you will still follow along on my journey, and that you will hold me to this. I want to be on a platform that allows me to do nothing more than share who I am and what I love. I want to be more than just a blogger and influencer, I want to be present, in my life and on my blog and not stress about that. 

If you want to read more of the article, check it out here :)

Thanks for reading!

Until next time..


Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature